It’s that time of year again!! ResearchFest is going to be held on Friday June 2nd this year!!! ResearchFest will highlight the best undergraduate and graduate-level research from the Fischell Department of Bioengineering, the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, and the Department of Materials Science and Engineering
This year’s event will take place on Friday, June 2, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Jeong H. Kim Engineering Building rotunda and boardrooms. Setup will begin at 9 a.m. and lunch will be provided!!
We are dividing the contest into two parts: A 10-Minute Talk Competition and a Poster Contest. Each event will have its own winner (with a cash prize!!).
This event is funded in part by the Graduate Student Activities Fee, and is open to all graduate students interested in attending (including both engineering and non-engineering students).
Additional details are below:
How to Participate in ResearchFest 2017
- Submit a 1-page Abstract by Monday, May 15, 2017.
- Create a one page abstract and submit it by 12pm on Monday, May 15, 2017 to email@example.com a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate with your submission, if you are interested in participating in the Presentation AND/OR Poster contest. Presentation slots are limited and will be assigned on first come, first serve basis by department.
- All submitted abstracts must be approved by you, any co-authors, and your advisor as acceptable for presentation in public. Information on the abstracts may be included in handouts for judges/and or attendees, or posted to the BIOE/CHBE/MSE websites.
- Prepare your poster or presentation.
- You may create a new research poster for the event, or use one you have presented in the past year. You are responsible for printing your poster. Please plan ahead to format your poster to be no larger than 40”x30” (or 30”x40”).
- Presentations must be timed for no more than 10 minutes. Presenters will also be given 2-5 minutes for questions. Please make sure your presention fits within these constraints. Presenters should
arrive early (9:30am) on June 2nd to load their presentation onto the projecting computer.
- Arrive early on June 2nd.
- Bring your printed poster to the Kim Building Rotunda for set-up beginning at 9 a.m. on June 2. Easels, 40”x30” boards, and pins will be provided. If your poster is larger than the boards provided, please bring your own board for mounting the poster.
There will be three judges consisting of alumni or other representatives from each department (BIOE, ChBE, and MSE). A winner will be chosen for each competition, as well as one outstanding undergraduate research award. Several awards will carry a cash prize (to be deposited into the student’s account).
Please note, photos of the poster session and/or presentations may be used online and/or in newsletters. Questions or concerns should be addressed to email@example.com, with a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.